LIVE CELL IMAGING IN MICROFLUIDICS
Tom Lummen, ETH Zürich, Basel, SWITZERLAND
Oliver Biehlmaier, University Basel, SWITZERLAND
Gregor Schmidt, ETH Zürich, Basel, SWITZERLAND
Lectures with hands-on session and discussion rounds.
Overview of Material to Be Covered and What Attendees Can Expect to Take Away From the Workshop:
Getting and keeping your cells in focus - basic microscopy
- Physics of microscopy
- Optimizing imaging for microfluidics
- Live cell imaging setups
Fluorescent labelling and imaging of live cells
- Fluorescence basics and imaging technologies
- Selecting dyes and fluorescent proteins for your assay
Tackling phototoxicity in live cell imaging
Who Should Attend:
- What can go wrong?
- How to detect of phototoxicity
- Optimize the experiment to minimize phototoxicity
The workshop is targeted at students (Master or PhD) planning or performing fluorescence microscopy of live cells. Prior knowledge is not required.